Top 10 Adoption Tips
10 . Create buzz around launch day – Carefully plan your communication and launch plan while thinking of ways to peak people’s interest. In the weeks leading up to the big date, send emails, put up posters, or create a countdown to launch. Building up this excitement will help with initial adoption and as long as you make it fundamental or interesting enough to come back to MangoApps, there should not be a dropoff in use.
9. Provide guidance without hindering creativity – Set up your MangoApps platform with some rules to ensure everyone is comfortable working and sharing. Steer away from establishing the purpose of the platform. Think of MangoApps as a conference room, which is provided by the company to hold meetings and employees are trusted to use them appropriately. Set up the framework in the Usage Policy and allow the users to define how they are going to collaborate.
8. Less is more – You don’t have to launch all the shiny bells and whistles at once. Overwhelming users is a sure way to inhibit adoption. Find the integral pieces for your organization in MangoApps and start off with these. You might not need all 3 workspaces at launch, begin with one and add others as they become necessary.
7. Bring daily tasks into platform – One of the easiest ways to gain quick adoption of the platform is move a previous work task into MangoApps. Maybe there was a daily task that was completed in a previous intranet or just old fashioned paper, help streamline and ensure users are in MangoApps by moving this task to the new platform. If users are having to log into MangoApps on a regular basis to complete this task, curate compelling content to further engage them in exploring the rest of the platform.
6. Measure and pivot – Establish metrics for the platform in the planning stage. This will allow the setup to align with the stats that will be tracked. In case you aren’t seeing the results that were expected, try other methods of engagement. Your CSM is always happy to provide feedback and ideas.
5. Get leadership involved – This serves a dual purpose, having executives involved will legitimize using the platform and provide an example to employees that MangoApps is the new way to work. Educate the leadership team and encourage strong interaction in the weeks after initial launch. If management is using the platform, people will take notice.
4. Find your ambassadors – You know those people across the company who bring excitement and passion to everything they do. Get these people onboard with MangoApps and have them spread the word. This is a social collaboration platform and you need people to make it social. Once you have found your evangelists have them help you to keep others engaged. These advocates will help from a bottom up level to create adoption of the platform.
3. Celebrate milestones – Your MangoApps platform is a great place to share news across the company without the threat of the reply all emails that would follow previous announcements. Give a shout out when a big sale has been made or have your customer service team share when they receive positive feedback. Being able to broadcast these success stories will create more visibility across the organization and help unify colleagues.
2. Collect feedback – Ask the users of the platform to provide feedback on user experience and ease of use. If you are planning for a soft launch this would be a good point to check in with the test users to see if everything is functioning smoothly. Gather feedback after all network users have had 1-2 months of use. Derive the common threads of what is working and what is not working.
1. Focus on people – People are the keystone for social collaboration. Encourage your colleagues to complete their profiles including pictures, especially when your offices are spread across the globe. Interview key executives to help them fill out their profiles. Consider highlighting new employees or the employee of the month to allow the rest of the organization to virtually meet each other. Social media has blasted off in the past few years because people love interacting with people, make sure your platform allows users to do the same.